SmarterDA operates http://www.SmarterDA.com. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site. We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
What Information Does SmarterDA Hold?
SmarterDA captures certain information on each user as part of the registration process. This data enables the creation of an accurate user profile, which is necessary for reporting purposes and to offer users learning that is relevant to their needs. The data that is stored is limited to information relating to users’ schools, location, exam dates, or email address. We will never ask for your home address or any other domestic information unless we would like to send you items relevant to the course.
When accessing the SmarterDA Portal, you will be asked to set up some security questions, which may contain personal information. These questions are solely intended to enable users to log in if they forget their password and will never be used for any other purpose. The answers that users submit when setting up these security questions are encrypted in the database so that no-one can view what has been entered, not even SmarterDA administrators.
SmarterDA also stores a record of all learning activity by all users, including progress, scores, comments and all inquiries to the SmarterDA.
Data transmission over can never be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. SmarterDA takes all reasonable measures to protect your personal information, though we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to SmarterDA and all such transmissions are made at your own risk.
Information We May Collect
We may collect personal information from you so that we can provide you with a positive experience when using our website or content. We may collect:
- Your name an email address so that we can deliver our newsletter to you. You would be consenting to this by providing this to us in our contact forms.
- A name and email address if you complete one of our contact forms with a question.
Please note that the information above (“Personal Data”) that you are giving to us is voluntarily, and by you providing this information to us you are giving consent for us to use, collect and process this Personal Data. You are welcome to opt-out or request for us to delete your Personal Data at any point by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you choose not to provide us with certain Personal Data, you may not be able to participate in certain aspects of our Website or content.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this data.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that can be related to SmarterDA. You can always choose to opt out of the communication using the “unsubscribe” link or the by email us at Support@SmarterDA.com.
How do we Process the Information SmarterDA Holds?
Information collected by SmarterDA is solely processed to deliver online learning and to store and report on users’ learning activity. It will never be sold for financial gain or shared with other organizations for commercial purposes.
Examples of how SmarterDA might use the data held include, but are not limited to, the following:
- For internal review
- Customizing the content and/or layout
- Notifying users about updates
- Contacting users for marketing purposes
- We may contact you if we consider you have a legitimate interest in hearing from us. For example, if you sign up for a webinar, we may send you marketing emails based on the content of that webinar. You will always have the option to opt out of any of our emails.
- Gathering feedback or input on the service, content or layout
- Giving users access their own learning history
- Transferring users’ learning activity records to other organizations involved in medical training in the healthcare arena
- Making users’ learning activity records visible to specifically named individuals, such as tutors, to allow tutors to view their trainees’ activity. A user would have to give their explicit approval to authorize another user to view their records
- Providing anonymous summary data to partner organizations, such as professional bodies; or local organizations, such as Strategic Health Authorities or Trusts; and
- Ranking students’ or institutions’ performances
How You Can Access, Update or Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to:
- Request information about how your Personal Data is being used and request a copy of what Personal Data I use.
- Restrict processing if you think the Personal Data is not accurate, unlawful, or no longer needed.
- Rectify or erase Personal Data and receive confirmation of the rectification or erasure. (You have the “right to be forgotten”).
- Withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of your Personal Data.
You may unsubscribe from our e-mails at any time through the unsubscribe link at the footer of all email communications. If you have questions or are experiencing problems unsubscribing, please contact us at email@example.com
Who can see users’ data?
SmarterDA administrators and other approved people working within SmarterDA have access to users’ training records and user profiles. This may include our suppliers (e.g., our Learning Management System provider), but such organizations will be asked to sign Non-Disclosure Agreements and will never be allowed to use the information for commercial purposes.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that people who communicate with SmarterDA understand the way in which electronic mail (email) should be used. Its aim is to ensure that email is used effectively for its intended purpose without infringing legal requirements or creating unnecessary business risk.
The statement below applies to all incoming or outgoing email messages to or from SmarterDA: “This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any reading, printing, storage, disclosure, copying or any other action taken in respect of this email is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by using the reply function and then permanently delete what you have received.
Internet email is not a secure medium. Emails sent via the Internet could be intercepted and read by someone else. Please bear that in mind when deciding whether to send material to SmarterDA.
You have a responsibility to ensure laws are not broken when composing or forwarding emails and their contents.
Attachments to email messages may contain viruses that may damage your system. Whilst SmarterDA has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk; we cannot accept any liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of these factors. You are advised to carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.”
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive. Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site. Security The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.